Calling all athletes! If you live in Door County or are planning a visit during the springtime, we have exciting news. The annual Door County Half Marathon is back! After a hiatus during the pandemic, this cherished event has returned in May, and you won’t want to miss it.
To learn more about fun-filled events and attractions in Door County, WI, take a look at our complimentary Vacation Guide! It’s the ultimate timesaving vacation-planning tool.
All About the Door County Half Marathon
Each year, more than 1500 runners participate in the Door County Half Marathon. This annual event takes place in May, sometimes on Mother’s Day weekend. This event is unique because it takes place in scenic Peninsula State Park. This park’s stunning scenery and backdrop are sure to inspire any athlete!
What’s Included in the Race?
When it comes to half marathons, this event is top tier! Some of the amenities and freebies included for participants include:
- Race t-shirts
- Course support
- Closed USATF-certified course
- Eight first-aid stations
- Shuttles to and from the starting line
- Post-race music, beer, and food at Nicolet Bay
- Medals for all runners
More About the Marathon Course
Do you want to discover more about this one-of-a-kind course? Just read on!
- This marathon is run on a USATF-certified road course closed to all traffic. This ensures that each runner can perform to their best ability.
- The race begins and ends just a few strides from Nicolet Bay Beach, where the Runners’ Concourse is located.
- Runners will have access to water, Gatorade, and Clif Shot Gel at the first-aid stations.
- Restrooms are located near Eagle Bluff Lighthouse (Mile 2 of the race) and near Tennison Bay (Mile 11 of the race). Plus, each first-aid station will have porta-potties available.
- The course passes by historical markers and scenic overlooks, including the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Sven’s Bluff, Nicolet Bay, Green Bay, and Lake Michigan.
Any More Questions?
To learn more about the Door County Half Marathon or register to participate, check out the event’s official website!
Additional Door County Events This Spring/Summer
The fun never stops in Door County! The spring/summer season is always bustling with exciting events and activities to attend:
- Local Farmers’ Markets (available weekly at various locations)
- Steel Bridge Songfest (June)
- Door County Spring Lighthouse Festival (June)
- Door County Beer Festival (June)
- Door County Wine Festival (June)
- Egg Harbor Independence Day Celebration (July)
- Door County Fair (August)
Stay With Us During Your Door County Trip
Where will you rest your head after this exciting Door County event? Look no further than The Ashbrooke Hotel! Our adults-only hotel is conveniently located in Egg Harbor, keeping you close to all the best things to see and do. Plus, our accommodations are luxurious and top-notch, making you feel completely at home. Check our availability and start planning your Door County visit today!