When you’re planning your next vacation, it’s more important than ever to travel green. The Ashbrooke Hotel in Egg Harbor is proud to be a fantastic option for eco-friendly lodging in Door County. To learn more about how our hotel is doing its part to help the environment, please keep reading. We’ll also tell you about additional green-friendly businesses that you can visit in Door County!
For additional information regarding the best things to see and do in the area, such as restaurants, outdoor activities, events, and more, take a look at our free Vacation Guide!
The Best Pick for Eco-Friendly Lodging in Door County
When you’re searching for eco-friendly lodging in Door County, look no further than The Ashbrooke Hotel. Its central location on the peninsula keeps you close to everything that our charming area has to offer. There’s no better place to stay during your trip. Some of the initiatives that we have implemented to become eco-friendly include:
- In 1994 we defined a recycling program for our hotel. We are proud to have continued this program every day since.
- We provide two Tesla chargers and one generic electric vehicle charger for our guests.
- When towels, blankets, and other linens from our guest rooms are no longer usable, we repurpose these materials.
- Almost all of our hotel lighting (95%) are powered by low-consumption LED lightbulbs.
- We’re happy to provide complimentary luxury toiletries to all of our guests. Any unused toiletries are donated to local non-profit organizations.
Other Ways to Enjoy Green-Travel Throughout Door County
In addition to lodging, there are also various eco-friendly businesses throughout Door County that you can enjoy during your stay.
- Ecology – This family-owned business has created an inventory of products that reflect their love for the environment. With stylish clothing made from eco-friendly fabrics and high-quality travel and sports gear, they accomplish their goal of connecting people with nature. Their store is found in Sister Bay across the street from the marina.
- Greens ‘N Grains – This shop is the Door County’s first and only full-service natural food store. You can find Greens ‘N Grains in a historic building in the heart of Egg Harbor, which housed one of the county’s first mercantile stores. Today, the store carries a full line of natural groceries, including local, organic produce, poultry, and meat. They also offer nutritional supplements and personal care items.
- Bay Shore Outfitters – This local shop helps provide people with the materials they need to travel the road less traveled. They offer an array of quiet transportation and sports gear, including kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, cross country skiing and snowshoes, and electric bicycles. They also offer guided tours available via kayak, bike, and paddleboard.
An additional way to connect with nature during your Door County getaway is by visiting one of our many breathtaking parks. Some popular parks to visit include:
Stay at The Ashbrooke Hotel
During your vacation to Door County, Wisconsin, stay at The Ashbrooke Hotel. We’re proud to participate in eco-friendly initiatives and be a resource for you during your green travel. Our guest rooms are the perfect home away from home, and we offer six well-appointed room layouts to choose from. Each spacious room features free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, wet bar, coffeemaker, mini-fridge, microwave, and custom bath amenities. Our deluxe suites also feature cozy gas fireplaces and in-room two-person whirlpool tubs. Here at The Ashbrooke Hotel, we want to ensure your retreat is top-notch in every way possible.
Why wait any longer? Check our availability and start planning your trip to Door County today. We can’t wait to host you!