Congratulations on tying the knot! Now that you’re officially married, it’s time to find the perfect place to revel in your newlywed bliss. We invite you to stay with us at The Ashbrooke Hotel and discover the beautiful peninsula of Door County, one of the best Wisconsin honeymoon destinations. Whether you spend your days exploring the state parks, lounging at the spas, enjoying a romantic dinner, or sipping away at a winery, there is an ongoing list of things to do during your Door County honeymoon!
No Door County vacation is complete without our free Vacation Guide! This exclusive trip planning tool is filled with fantastic recommendations for romantic things to see and do in Door County, including local attractions, dining, and more.
Your Guide To a Door County Honeymoon
Door County, Wisconsin, is situated alongside Lake Michigan. The peninsula made up of a collection of charming, waterfront towns. As you explore the area, you’ll find that there’s no better place for a romantic getaway. Plus, our adults-only hotel, The Ashbrooke Hotel, is conveniently located in Egg Harbor, keeping you close to all the area’s best attractions.
4 Door County Honeymoon Activities
Fill your days with endless fun and romance during your honeymoon in spectacular Wisconsin! Here are just a few of the most popular couples’ activities in Door County that you won’t want to miss.
1. Visit a Local Winery
Door County is known for its ideal grape-growing soil and delectable wines. Taste of some of the nation’s best wines while taking in the awe-inspiring vineyard scenery! Find your favorite varietal, then take a bottle of wine back to your suite at The Ashbrooke Hotel and unwind.
- Harbor Ridge Winery (Egg Harbor): This award-winning winery produces some of the most unique and delicious wines in the region. They include sweet local fruits to add an exquisite flavor that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Simon Creek Winery (Sturgeon Bay): If you enjoy free things and tasty wine, you’re bound to love Simon Creek Winery. Not only do they craft traditional favorites with a Door County twist, but tours are free! This is a great option for couples on a budget.
- Stone’s Throw Winery (Baileys Harbor): This local winery uses the finest California grapes to handcraft delicious and elegant wines that will leave you savoring every sip. It’s an ideal spot for couples to unwind and reconnect with one another.
2. Check Out These Romantic Spots in Door County
There’s amour to be found in Door! During your Door County honeymoon, you and your sweetie will want to visit these beautiful locations for a picnic or stroll along the beach.
- Sunset Beach Park (Fish Creek): Famous for its breathtaking sunsets, Sunset Beach Park, is the perfect place to relax with a picnic and bottle of champagne and enjoy picturesque views after a euphoric day in Door County. There’s nothing quite like staring lovingly into each other’s eyes just as the sun begins to dip its toes into the horizon.
- Schoolhouse Beach (Washington Island) – Schoolhouse Beach is recognized as one of the world’s most unique beaches! It is one of only five beaches to be a part of the Niagara Escarpment. It’s an unbelievable location for pictures, picnics, swimming, and more!
3. Explore the State Parks
If you and your spouse are the adventurous types, you’ll find an abundance of things to do in the local state parks! Whether it be hiking, sight-seeing, kayaking, snowshoeing, or anything in between, there’s an adventure to be had any time of year!
- Newport State Park
- Peninsula State Park
- Potawatomi State Park
- Rock Island State Park
- Whitefish Dunes State Park
- Cave Point County Park
4. Indulge in a Romantic Meal
Dining is one of the most essential parts of any vacation. Luckily for you, the mouthwatering cuisine is in abundance in Door County! Plan a delightful meal for just the two of you at one of our favorite restaurants.
- Alexander’s (Fish Creek): Specializing in seafood, hand-cut steaks, black Angus Beef, and so much more, this fine dining establishment is the perfect way to start your fairy-tale evening. You’ll find that they only use high-quality ingredients, and they exude a passion for what they do.
- CHOP (Sister Bay): This succulent steakhouse features an extensive menu served in a romantic atmosphere. They also have incredible seafood dishes featuring mouthwatering, fresh-caught seafood.
- Shoreline Restaurant (Ellison Bay): This intimate waterfront establishment has grown to become one of the most popular restaurants in Door County. You’ll enjoy delicious fare and an outstanding dining experience you won’t soon forget! Please note that this eatery is open April through mid-November.
Experience Door County Lodging at Its Finest
Conveniently located in the heart of Door County, The Ashbrooke Hotel is an adults-only hotel and is the best place for a couples retreat in Door County. Whether you’re eager to explore the wonders of Door County or relax in your private room or suite, we’ve got you covered! Our guests are treated to unique amenities and exclusive specials you won’t find with any other local accommodation. Plus, many of our guest rooms and suites feature whirlpool tubs and cozy fireplaces. Your dream getaway is just a few clicks away.
Book your favorite room with us today and we’ll see you soon!